2020 Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT TO A SALES PRESENTATION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, OR REGULATION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING WITH A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY.
1. This sweepstakes is sponsored by Woodbridge Home Exteriors, Inc. and Woodbridge Home Exteriors of Kansas, Inc. (“Woodbridge”).
2. Woodbridge will award one (1) $10,000 Home Makeover at the end of the prize period. The prize period begins on December 1, 2019, and ends on November 30, 2020. The winner will receive $10,000 in Woodbridge product towards a Home Makeover. Woodbridge’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for this sweepstakes. The prize winner will be determined from a random drawing of all entries received during the prize period. The random drawing will be conducted on or about December 15, 2018. Limit one prize per entry. The odds of winning a prize is determined by the number of entries received prior to the time of the prize drawing. Woodbridge reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate this sweepstakes without notice at any time. The prize winner will be notified by certified mail within fifteen (15) days of the drawing. Return of a prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All prizes will be awarded.
3. You may enter this sweepstakes by (i) completing an entry form and returning it to the drop box where you obtained it, (ii) completing on online entry form submitted through Woodbridge’s website www.woodbridgeclassic.com or (iii) printing your name and your complete address on a 3″ x 5″ card, writing the words “Woodbridge Home Exteriors, Inc., “$10,000 Home Makeover” at the top, and mailing the card to Woodbridge at 4519 Sigma Rd Dallas, TX 75244. Mailed entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2020. No more than one (1) entry per household is allowed. Woodbridge is not responsible for any illegible, misplaced, damaged, or late entries.
4. Sweepstakes entrants must (i) be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the time of entering this sweepstakes and (ii) the titled homeowner for the home address listed on the entry form, which home is in a suitable condition (as determined by Woodbridge or its designees) for installation of the prize (including being in compliance with local building codes and regulations; no water, mold, structural damage). Any waterproofing, remediation or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by Woodbridge or its designees in their sole discretion) must be performed at the Grand Prize winner’s expense prior to installation. Employees, officers, and directors of Woodbridge, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes.
5. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 in Woodbridge product and installation services towards a Home Makeover unless the winner has bought from Woodbridge within the specified prize period of December 1, 2019 to November 30, 2020, in which case the winner will receive the equivalent value in cash. Please see Woodbridge’s webpage at www.woodbridgeclassic.com for a listing of products offered by Woodbridge. The maximum retail value of the Grand Prize is $10,000. The cash value of the Grand Prize is $10,000. The $10,000 includes the cost of labor and material. Installation must be provided by Woodbridge’s personnel or designee. Woodbridge’s personnel or designee shall obtain any required permit to perform the installation. All expenses not specifically provided for are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prize is not transferable by the prize winner. Prize is subject to availability. Acceptance of a prize may require entering a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law.
6. No transfers, substitution in prizes, or cash will be allowed except by Woodbridge, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole or absolute discretion. Upon awarding of a prize, Woodbridge will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the prize winner with the
prize winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the prize. A prize winner must arrange for prize delivery no later than one (1) month following the award of the prize and delivery must occur within six (6) months of confirmed notification.
7. Each prize winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification correspondence, including the completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return both within fourteen (14) days of the date on the prize notification correspondence as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise the prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner will be selected. Acceptance or use of a prize constitutes permission for Woodbridge and its affiliates to use the recipient’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
8. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service.
9. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. Woodbridge reserves the right to modify or terminate this sweepstakes at any time or disqualify any entry in good faith. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled.
10. By participating in this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Woodbridge, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages that may arise out of participation in the sweepstakes in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize. By entering into this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a “Claim”) arising under or relating to this sweepstakes, including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the then prevailing Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), to be held and arbitrated in the judicial district in which the entrant lives at the time of his or her entering into this sweepstakes. Each entrant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own fees and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
11. For a winners’ list, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following a prize period, including a request for the winners’ names, to “$10,000 Home Makeover”, 4519 Sigma Rd Dallas, TX 75244. To stop the mailing of future sweepstakes related materials from Woodbridge, please send a written request to Woodbridge at 4519 Sigma Rd Dallas, TX 75244.
12. This sweepstakes is conducted in English, which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning.